Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Safe Place

A young group that meets weekly rides on momentum. I have been in groups where a missed meeting breaks the rhythm. I was scared this was going to happen to ours. We had an awesome communion two Saturdays ago but missed last Saturday because of appointments and events. I was a bit anxious about tonight's meeting.

As with all our meetings, we had communion. We shared reflections as we partook of the body and blood of Christ.

Towards the end of our meeting Kokoy mentioned that this was one of the safest place for him. How cool is that! This is why we exist. We want to create a place where people are safe and where they can be authentic and transparent but still be accepted and loved. We yearn to be known fully and deeply.

One of my prayers would be for us to have a missional component. I think it's important for the Body of Christ to reach out and bring life to our communities. It'll be a bit tough since most are involved in their own ministry or work. For now having communion on Saturdays and sharing our lives will have to do.

I often wonder if Jesus had community in mind when he prayed, "thy kingdom come." For me, I certainly feel a taste of heaven on Saturday nights at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment